Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Obsidian By Jenneifer L Armentrout

 
Release Date: November 23rd 2011
Author Info: Jennifer L Armentrout
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Age: 16+
Recomendation: Buy
Source: Purchased

Teaser: “Will you show me what you look like, you don’t sparkle do you and please tell me I didn’t almost kiss a giant brain eating insect because seriously I’m gonna…”

 Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.And then he opened his mouth.Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. If I don't kill him first, that is.

 

I love when I get to branch out in the YA genre a little bit and read something out of the normal. This novel by Jennifer L Armentrout is something fresh in a land where we go to a bookstore and repeatedly see the same cover and read the same synopsis this is a bit fresh. The Main characters are Katy and Daemon. Katy is your average girl book blogger and while Daemon is your average jack-ass Alien, well maybe that’s not so average.

I loved the easy narration of the book told from Katy’s POV. The words flowed, the plot flowed and before I knew it I was done reading. Katy is relatable not just because she loved books and blogs about them but because she is just like us, she gets confused, she’s just finding out who she is, she loves and wants to be loved. Daemon oh Daemon where do I start with him, First he is Gorge! Second he adds a bit of seriousness to the book at times and then at times he brings the book some humor. To me Daemon is the star of the show. He made this book come alive.

I recommend this book to lovers of a good Science Fiction that includes Aliens and the unknown. If you are a lover of Paranormal Romance and looking for a Page Turner this is it.

 

1 comment:

  1. I loved the book! Katy was so snarky and funny, I loved her. I actually found out about book blogging from her :) I think your age rating is a bit high, there's nothing in the book that makes it inappropriate for say, a 14 year old to read it, but that's just my opinion! Love the review!

    ReplyDelete