Wednesday, February 6, 2013

"Waiting on" Wednesday: Steelheart

Welcome back to The Paranormal Princess! Today is Wednesday and I will be Praticipating for the first time on this blog. First, a little history about W.O.W. "Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted over at Breaking the Spine .

So What am I currently Waiting On?

 
 

Steelheart

By Brandon Sanderson

Expected Publication : September, 24 2013

Ten years ago, Calamity came. It was a burst in the sky that gave ordinary men and women extraordinary powers. The awed public started calling them Epics.But Epics are no friend of man. With incredible gifts came the desire to rule. And to rule man you must crush his wills. Nobody fights the Epics... nobody but the Reckoners. A shadowy group of ordinary humans, they spend their lives studying Epics, finding their weaknesses, and then assassinating them.
And David wants in. He wants Steelheart—the Epic who is said to be invincible. The Epic who killed David's father. For years, like the Reckoners, David's been studying, and planning—and he has something they need. Not an object, but an experience. He's seen Steelheart bleed. And he wants revenge. (goodreads.com)
 
 
ITS BRANDON SANDERSON!AND DOES'NT IT JUST GIVE YOU THIS AWESOME X-MEN FEELING? <3


7 comments:

  1. Very cool book, let's see if I understand (first time I see it, I believe) Epics are people with powers but not necessarily aliens right? Reckoners are normal humans that hunt them.
    I've never heard of Brandon Sanderson. But I know what you mean about the X-Men feeling.
    Hi, I'm Rivie, I'm new here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rivie thanks for following and adding me to your circle, I dont understand what that is yet but I think its like the tmboile circle for friends or something LOL.
      Youve never heard of Brandon Sanderson? Oh My. If you love a great story teller and love Fantasy of all sorts please check him out. He's prob best known for picking up and finishing Robert Jordan Wheel of Time Epic Fantasy series after his death.
      Hes also well known for his Mistborn series the first book being of the same title. CHECK HIM OUT! :)

      Whitney

      Delete
    2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. You are talking about google + right? "I think its like the tmboile circle for friends or something" Lol, I still don't get google plus much, I didn't use it before and it's a little weird for me lol.

      Delete
  2. Haven't heard of this one. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blog and what's on there so far. I'm following you now.

    www.shellysbookclub.blogspot.com

    If you want to come and see what's on mine.

    ReplyDelete